Sunday, November 21, 2010

New blog ideas

Now that our calendar is completed and has gone to print, I can get back to blogging. The calendar took up a lot of time, but hopefully it will be worth it. I hope it is a HUGE success and is something we do year after year. Assuming we do a 2012 calendar, it is my good intent to get started much earlier. Maybe I will start after the first of the year.

As I read back over the blog last night, I realized that it was not exactly a "fun" blog; it really did not have a lot of laughing in it. Although I feel the stories on there are great and worthy of being told, they probably just make the reader say "Awe, how sweet," instead of "Man, that was funny!" Nor do I find the blog all that informative. So, today I am turning over a new leaf on the blog. I would like to keep readers more informed on what is going on at Leesburg Animal Hospital. Mostly it will be animal related, but it may also have just some news updates and such. Like this news... we have had three babies at LAH, human babies that is...the two legged kind. Over the past five months we have have not been at full staff, someone has been out either about to deliver, delivering, or on maternity leave. First Mindy had a little boy named Daniel back in June. Next Dr. Shannon had a little girl named Kinley in August and then a few days later Georgette had a little girl named Hayden. So since June we have been short one or two people, but finally our family is back together again.

Other news... we are hard at work on our float for the parade. This will be our first year in the Leesburg Christmas parade. Our theme is....are you ready? Get this......"Fleas Navidad!" Get it?? Isn't that funny! We are so excited about it. Prentiss and Dr. Shannon have been hard at work putting it together, so ya'll come out and support Leesburg and Leesburg Animal Hospital Saturday, December 4th. It is going to be be a fun time. Oh, and also, after the parade there will be a festival and this year Leesburg Animal Hospital is supporters of the first annual Doggie Fun Zone. So, bring your dogs with you to the festival there will be lots of activities for the them at the Doggie Fun Zone. But please, please, please, keep your pooches on a leash! I don't want to be sewing any dogs up on Saturday.

That's all for now. I will post pics of our float soon!

2 comments:

  1. How about a new page design? that could be fun! Maybe you could also blog about celebrity Pets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the idea of celebrity pets! Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete